Re: Additional rear side cushion retention installation on Sea-Doo®
Dear Sea-Doo® Owner,
This notice is being sent to you in cooperation with the U.S. Coast Guard and Transport Canada and is sent to you in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Boat Safety Act and other applicable laws. Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. and BRP US Inc. (“BRP“) are conducting a voluntary safety recall of certain Sea-Doo Boats models as specified in the attached Safety Campaign Bulletin.
Which models are involved?
230 series 2009 and 2010.
What is the potential problem?
On the above mentioned models, the rear side cushions may lift unintentionally and fall from the boat. If this situation happens while the boat is being towed on a trailer, the falling cushion could create a road hazard or strike a trailing vehicle, and cause a crash.
To confirm that your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is affected, contact your authorized Sea-Doo dealer or BRP at 1-888-272-9222 between 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. Eastern time 7 days a week.
What will BRP do?
BRP is sending a Safety Recall letter to all known registered owners of these Sea-Doo Boats. This letter urges that the owners immediately contact their authorized BRP Sea-Doo dealer to have the vehicle repaired. Also, BRP is posting this notice and attached Safety Campaign Bulletin on its BOSSWeb dealer website (www.bossweb.brp.com) and on its public website (sea-doo.brp.com).
What should you do?
- Do not sell, deliver or use any involved boat until the repair has been completed.
- Contact all of your customers who purchased this product. You must inform them about the foregoing and request that they remove the rear side cushions if they need to trailer the boat until the repair is done, and advise them to take an appointment to have their boat repaired.
- Follow all instructions in the attached Safety Campaign Bulletin.
What to do if you feel this notice is an error?
This notice was mailed to you according to the most current information we have available. If you no longer own this boat or some information in this notice is incorrect, please contact BRP at your earliest convenience.
If you have questions, need assistance, or to find the nearest authorized BRP Sea-Doo dealer:
- Call In USA and Canada 1 888 638-5397
- Dealers of other countries (outside Canada and USA) please contact your local distributor or regional office which can be found at www.brp.com or call 1 819 566-3366
8:00 to 18:00 Eastern time
Your continued satisfaction with your watercraft is important to us. Please understand that we have taken this action in the interest of your safety and your watercraft's proper operation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.
After-Sales Service Department